Explore Dr. Keffrelyn Brown’s six-part video Q&A series featuring explanations and resources about Culturally Responsive Teaching.
- Learner Profile Conversation Starters
- Student Questionnaire Grades K-5
- How to use culturally responsive teaching in the classroom – Explore this guide to culturally responsive teaching practices and strategies. See what this looks like in the classroom and get ideas for how to get started.
- Culturally Responsive Teaching – An analysis of teaching standards in all 50 states to better understand whether states incorporate culturally responsive teaching.
- Building positive relationships with students: What brain science says – Brain science tells us why positive student relationships can lead to their success.
- 10 Things to Know About Your English Language Learners – Learn about the importance of getting to know the English language learners (ELLs) in your class. Here’s all the information you can collect to provide the right supports.
- 5 Ways to Audit Your Classroom Library for Inclusion – Is your classroom bookshelf all that it can be, for every kid in your class? Here’s how to bring it up to speed.
- Funds of Knowledge inventory matrix activity
- The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) – A nonprofit, nonpartisan leader in social and emotional learning uniquely positioned to evaluate programming, curate research, inform legislation and partner on implementation.
- Making SEL Culturally Competent – Teaching students about oppression and critical consciousness is a vital component of social-emotional learning.
- Teaching Diverse Learnings Using Culturally Responsive Pedagogy Fact Sheet
Email LeAnne if you have questions or would like to connect with Dr. Brown.