Texas Education START is a partnership between the College of Education at The University of Texas at Austin and the Austin Independent School District.
Welcome to Texas Education START, a unique early career teacher support program dedicated to fostering the growth and success of educators in their crucial first through third years of teaching. This innovative partnership program offers comprehensive mentorship to early career educators across 14 AISD elementary schools. By providing University-sponsored resources, we ensure that our educators receive tailored guidance, practical insights and a robust support system to navigate the landscape of education with confidence. Texas Education START is committed to empowering teachers to not only meet but exceed their professional goals, resulting in enriched learning experiences for both teachers and students alike.
- To increase new teacher self-efficacy.
- To provide targeted support in the areas of social emotional wellness, literacy and building classroom community.
- To foster communication and collaboration between teachers, administration, district and University faculty.
Teachers in the Texas Education START program receive:
- Coaching, mentoring and personalized instructional support from an experienced Teacher Leader employed by The University of Texas at Austin.
- Access to customized, faculty-curated resources from the College of Education at The University of Texas at Austin.
Learn more about the Texas Education START program