Texas Education START is a partnership between the College of Education at University of Texas at Austin and the Austin Independent School District.
We provide University-sponsored mentors to all first through third year teachers at 14 AISD elementary schools.
- Increase new teacher self-efficacy.
- Provide targeted support in the areas of social emotional wellness, literacy, and building classroom community.
- Foster communication and collaboration between teachers, administration, district, and University faculty.
Teachers who participate in the Texas Education START program receive:
- Coaching, mentoring, and personalized instructional support from an experienced Teacher Leader, employed by The University of Texas at Austin.
- Access to customized, faculty-curated resources from the College of Education at the University of Texas at Austin.
Learn more about the Texas Education START program: